An independent 20 yearlong scientific study shows women that regularly clean with conventional cleaning products have the same reduced lung function equivalent to smoking 20 cigarettes a day over that same period.
Why clean your home with cleaners that are shown to cause so many potential health problems when it is so easy to clean without any of these toxic products?
People who are conscious of their health tend to make efforts like eating healthier, exercising more, and not smoking. These practices have gained mainstream awareness. What is not mainstream, however, is the awareness of how toxic chemicals in our everyday products are seriously impacting our health.
Years ago I began purchasing what I considered greener cleaners that were commonly available. This evolved into learning that I could make better and more effective cleaners myself using safe, time-tested ingredients and reusable materials. Once I started using these homemade cleaners and saw not only how effective they were, along with how inexpensive and easy they were to make, I had to ask myself:
Why have I not been green cleaning all along?
More importantly, why are people bringing such toxic and under-researched conventional cleaning products into their homes?
These toxic conventional cleaning products are not only harmful to ourselves and our loved ones, they are damaging to our environment and wildlife as well. I wrote the book Easy Green Cleaning to show people the easiest and most effective way to start green cleaning in their own homes.
Having done the research and reviewed current literature, I really do believe this is the best, most in-depth, and easiest book on green cleaning currently available. Here are the reasons why:
The book Easy Green Cleaning:
- Contains some of the easiest, safest, and most effective recipes and practices when it comes to cleaning your home. More is not always better in terms of how many recipes a green cleaning book provides. You do not need to make a separate product for each thing you clean in your home, it is far better and easier to make a few products that clean everything.
- Shows you, step by step, the easiest and most cost effective way to get started green cleaning your home while also showing you how to green clean pretty much everything in your home.
- Combines everything you need to know about green cleaning and is set up for quick visual reference including pictures of all the tools, ingredients, and recipes mentioned in the book.
- Explains the safe use and cautions when using green cleaning ingredients like which ingredients need to be avoided on which surfaces. It also discusses the safe use of essential oils around pets and young kids.
- References cited research on the proven dangers of toxic cleaners both to ourselves and the environment and discusses just how these products made it into our homes in the first place.
- Gives you the reasons why it is important to green clean your home, but also the top reasons people don’t and how to overcome them.
- Goes above and beyond only showing you how to green clean your home, but also how to keep your pets clean, your children’s toys clean, your produce clean, your car clean, your air clean, and additional steps you can take to have a positive impact and influence change in the world!
Interested in seeing even more of what the book has to offer?
Why I believe switching to Green Cleaning can help improve the world:
The main reason I wrote Easy Green Cleaning is that I am very passionate about getting the word out. To some it may seem like a stretch that I am saying green cleaning can improve the world, but humor me for a moment with an open mind and let me tell you why.
- Green cleaning is a simple stepping stone we can all do at home easily and inexpensively. Making these smaller changes means improving our health and the health of the planet which can be a catalyst for larger changes and for spreading awareness on these important issues.
- Greener cleaning will reduce the negative impact of toxic chemicals on our soil, waterways, and ourselves. It also encourages the use of reusable materials and will cut down on the abundance of waste that is not only consuming our natural resources at a rate we can’t sustain but also filling our oceans with unnecessary toxic garbage.
- Having the resources to green clean is not a socio-economic issue like so many other public health and safety issues are. No matter the income bracket or demographic, virtually everyone can green clean in a way that is accessible and affordable.
- When more people start green cleaning, it will alert industry to the fact that we have changed our values as a consumer base and make them realize it is time to redesign the system to support these new values.
- Showing support for safer products and taking care of our planet can be an issue that unites us instead of dividing us. I am sure most of us agree we want to continue to live and thrive on this planet for many years to come and allow future generations the same opportunity.
- Regardless of country of origin, political stance, or belief systems, why would anyone want to see this beautiful masterpiece we call earth destroyed?
Take the First Step to a Cleaner Greener Home and a Healthier World by reading this book!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has”. -Margaret Mead
-Elizabeth Hemmings, author of Easy Green Cleaning
Help spread awareness of a simple, positive, healthy change by sharing this post!